Gwydir Shire Council’s suite of Integrated Planning and Reporting documents has been prepared in line with the NSW Government’s framework requirements. The framework recognises that the Council’s plans and policies should not exist in isolation and that they are in fact connected and incorporate the priorities of the community.
These priorities have been shaped by our consultation with the Gwydir Shire community resulting in five key themes:
- A healthy and cohesive community (Social);
- Building the business base (Economy);
- An environmentally responsible shire (Environment); and
- Proactive regional and local leadership (Organisation)
A final focus area – Governance – has been introduced to accommodate the community aspiration of future sustainability of Gwydir Shire Council. These themes provide the framework into which the Delivery Program priorities and Operational Plan activities have been incorporated.
Community Strategic Plan
- The Community Strategic Plan provides information on goals for the Community, including the organisation’s Mission and the Purpose.
Delivery Plan and Operational Plan
- The Delivery Plan is a four (4) year plan outlining the strategies Council will use to achieve the goals set out in the Community Strategic Plan. The Operational Plan is a supporting document that spells out the details of the Delivery program – the individual projects and activities that will be undertaken each year to achieve the commitments made in the Delivery program.
- Long Term Financial Plan, projecting Council’s financial position for at least 10 years and includes improvement strategies proposed by Council to improve sustainability, including a propose Special Rate Variation. The Statement of Revenue Policy provides information on Council’s rating structure, fees and charges, including a comparison of proposed modifications to the rate base.
- A phased Workforce Plan, outlining Council’s strategies and actions for developing and maintaining a workforce to underpin the delivery of four year objectives outlined in the Delivery Program.
- Asset Management Plans including: Transport, Sewerage, Water and Buildings.
The 2019-2020 Operational Plan (including Council’s draft 2019 – 2020 budget, Statement of Revenue Policy, and fees and charges) is on public exhibition for 28 days from 30 May 2019 until 26 June 2019 and hard copies of the documents are able to be viewed at Bingara and Warialda Council offices and libraries.
Gwydir Shire Council’s 2019-2020 Operational Plan identifies priority projects and activities that will be delivered to the community. These activities will be reported on quarterly over the next twelve month period.
This is the fourth and final Operational Plan covering the term of the Elected Council. At the end of this term the Elected Council will have considerable reason to be proud of what has been achieved under their term of office.
The operational activities included in this plan are aimed at progressing the implementation of the 2017–2021 Delivery Program and more broadly the 2017-2027 Community Strategic Plan. Since July 2018 our council has been fortunate in receiving considerable grant funding this injection of grant funding has enabled us to achieve considerably more of the community aspirations identified in the Community Strategic Plan than was ever expected possible under normal budget circumstances.
Operations plan 2019/20 (pdf 4MB)
Modified Budget 2019/20 (pdf 383KB)
2019/2020 FINAL ADOPTED Fees and Charges (2MB)
Donations Summary 2019/20 (pdf 261KB)
Statement of Revenue Policy 2019/20 (pdf 285KB)
Rating Category Maps 2019:20 (pdf 1MB)