Gwydir Shire Council has resolved to form the Gwydir Community Health Alliance.
The membership of this Alliance will be:
- Deputy Mayor Gwydir Shire Council (Chair);
- A nominee of the Local State Member of Parliament;
- Cr Galvin and Cr Young, Gwydir Shire Council’s Deputy General Manager (as Secretary) and Council’s Aged Care Manager;
- A representative from:
- Hunter New England Local Health District;
- Bingara and Warialda MPS’ management and Chairs of Advisory committees;
- Rural and Remote Medical Services (RaRMS);
- Rural Doctors Network;
- Naroo and Touriandi Aged Care Facilities; and;
- Dr D Coote (representing the contracted General Practitioners)
- Ambulance Paramedics
- At least three (3) Community Representatives (Bingara, Warialda and rural)
The primary role of this Committee is to monitor the provision of the ongoing quality and consistency of healthcare within Gwydir Shire.
The Committee will achieve this role through reviewing the various benchmarks used in measuring the provision of health care within the Shire’s two Multipurpose Services.
The Committee will:
- recommend to Council what support and/or assistance may be required to attract and maintain appropriately qualified General Practitioners with Visiting Medical Officer accreditation or other relevant matters pertaining to the provision of healthcare within the Shire.
- act as an advocate group on behalf of the Gwydir Community with other levels of Government as and when required.
- table the minutes of each Committee Meeting at the next available Council Meeting
- meet at least quarterly or more often if required.
It is important that you read the information outlining the role of the Gwydir Community Health Alliance.
The group will not be a vehicle for any personal grievances or complaints. There are processes in place to deal with individual problems with any health service operating within the Shire.
Please post your application to Gwydir Shire Council Locked Bag 5 Bingara NSW 2404.
Applications close Friday 28th April 2017.
Click here to download Gwydir Community Health Alliance Application Form or fill in the form below and submit online