The Roxy Theatre, situated in the main street of Bingara, is a striking building, with a history as colourful as its painted exterior. Built in 1936 by three Greek partners from the island of Kythera in Greece, the Roxy Theatre operated as a cinema until 1958, after which it was closed and lay dormant for forty years. In May 2004, the magnificent theatre was faithfully restored to its original splendour and was re-opened to the public as a cinema, performing arts venue and multi-purpose function centre.
Gwydir Shire Council are seeking expressions of interest from interested parties for the management of this facility. Council is willing to consider a range of possible options including individuals, community group or partnership management structures. The main scope of this role includes:
- The management of venue bookings including live performances, meetings, conferences and private functions.
- Oversee and manage the administration and coordination of events including logistics, room set up, technical requirements and ticketing.
- Promote the Roxyas regional centre for performing arts, and a key tourism asset for the Gwydir Shire.
- Coordinate all aspects of building maintenance and repairs, OH&S, compliance and essential services.
- Work with stakeholder groups to ensure the venue is used to its full potential.
The role is ideally suited to entities with previous experience in events, theatre or venue management and who are flexible, adaptable and able work with a range of stakeholders. For more information on the Roxy visit www.roxybingara.com.au or contact Georgia Standerwick on 0409 901 540. Download a copy of this EOI here Roxy Management EOI
Gwydir Shire Council
Locked Bag 5
Bingara NSW 2404