Regional Biodiversity Conservation Support Officer – Fixed Term 18 months
- Total Remuneration Package $102,000 – $110,000 depending upon skills and experience.
- Other conditions as outlined in the Local Government (State) Award.
- Fixed Term 18 month arrangement.
- Gwydir Shire Council, located in Northern NSW, is seeking to engage a suitably qualified officer to work with a number of councils across the Namoi, Orana and New England regions to provide support, and build capacity of staff to transition to the new legislative environment created by the NSW Biodiversity Conservation Reforms.The position will facilitate delivery of the Office of Environment & Heritage’s (OEH) capacity building project to support local governments to implement the reforms. The position will actively liaise with councils to understand their specific needs to effectively transition to the new arrangements and, utilising the materials developed by OEH, implement a program to support councils to meet the new legislative obligations.
This role requires someone who understands and is familiar with the operations of the NSW Biodiversity Conservation Reforms, can build effective relationships with council officers, can evaluate councils’ readiness for transition to the new legislative environment, and deliver appropriate tailored and targeted support to councils to implement the Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016.
The position is a contract role and has been created through funding provided by OEH and the Office of Local Government. The successful candidate will be required to adhere to Gwydir Shire Council’s internal policies and will report directly to the General Manager, Gwydir Shire Council.
The successful candidate will be required to travel to all local government areas within the regions covered by this role.
- For more detailed information, download the position description which includes the position criteria, accountabilities, tasks and responsibilities for this role. Download Position Description (pdf 60KB)Enquiries: Max Eastcott, General Manager, 0427 240 112 or Leeah Daley, Deputy General Manager, 0428 291 212
Applications Close: Friday 24th November, 2017