Gwydir Shire Council’s suite of Integrated Planning and Reporting documents has been prepared in line with the NSW Government’s framework requirements. The framework recognises that the Council’s plans and policies should not exist in isolation and that they are in fact connected and incorporate the priorities of the community.
These priorities have been shaped by our consultation with the Gwydir Shire community resulting in five key themes:
- A healthy and cohesive community (Social);
- Building the business base (Economy);
- An environmentally responsible shire (Environment); and
- Proactive regional and local leadership (Organisation)
A final focus area – Governance – has been introduced to accommodate the community aspiration of future sustainability of Gwydir Shire Council. These themes provide the framework into which the Delivery Program priorities and Operational Plan activities have been incorporated.
Community Strategic Plan
- The Community Strategic Plan provides information on goals for the Community, including the organisation’s Mission and the Purpose.
Delivery Plan and Operational Plan
- The Delivery Plan is a four (4) year plan outlining the strategies Council will use to achieve the goals set out in the Community Strategic Plan. The Operational Plan is a supporting document that spells out the details of the Delivery program – the individual projects and activities that will be undertaken each year to achieve the commitments made in the Delivery program.
- Long Term Financial Plan, projecting Council’s financial position for at least 10 years and includes improvement strategies proposed by Council to improve sustainability, including a propose Special Rate Variation. The Statement of Revenue Policy provides information on Council’s rating structure, fees and charges, including a comparison of proposed modifications to the rate base.
- A phased Workforce Plan, outlining Council’s strategies and actions for developing and maintaining a workforce to underpin the delivery of four year objectives outlined in the Delivery Program.
- Asset Management Plans including: Transport, Sewerage, Water and Buildings.
The draft plans were on public exhibition for 28 days from 1 June 2017 and hard copies of the documents were able to be viewed at Bingara and Warialda Council offices and libraries, Tamworth Regional Council office and library in Barraba, Croppa Creek store, North Star Post Office, Gravesend Shop, Upper Horton Club.
Council adopted the following IP&R documents at the Ordinary Council Meeting on 29 June 2017 – Council Minute 172/17. These documents will be reviewed over the next two months to accommodate the Census results for the Gwydir Local Government Area. The Census data published by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) on 27 June, 2017 revealed a growth in the Gwydir Shire Council population of 6% over the last five years. The strategic direction of the Council will be further assessed to ensure that initiatives continue to be implemented to continue the momentum which is resulting in a turnaround for Council.
Community Strategic Plan 2017 (pdf 1.4MB)
Delivery Program 2017-21 (pdf 3MB)
Appendix A – Delivery Program – Capital Expenditure (pdf 1MB)
Operational Plan 2017-18 (pdf 1MB)
Attachment 1 – Operational Plan – 2017-2018 Fees and Charges (4MB)
Attachment 2 – Operational Plan – Donations (670 KB)
Attachment 3 – Operational Plan – Statement of Revenue
Attachment 4 – Operational Plan – Maps (pdf2MB)
Attachment 5 – Operational Plan – Financial Summaries – 2017-18 (pdf 1MB)
Resourcing Strategy Documents
Transport Asset Management Plan June 2017 (pdf 2MB)
Sewerage Asset Management Plan June 2017 (pdf2MB)
Water Supply Asset Management Plan June 2017(pdf 2MB)
Buildings Asset Management Plan June 2017 (pdf 2MB)