Gwydir Shire Council’s suite of Integrated Planning and Reporting documents has been prepared in line with the NSW Government’s framework requirements. The framework recognises that the Council’s plans and policies should not exist in isolation and that they are in fact connected and incorporate the priorities of the community.
These priorities have been shaped by our consultation with the Gwydir Shire community resulting in five key themes:
- A healthy and cohesive community (Social);
- Building the business base (Economy);
- An environmentally responsible shire (Environment); and
- Proactive regional and local leadership (Organisation)
A final focus area – Governance – has been introduced to accommodate the community aspiration of future sustainability of Gwydir Shire Council. These themes provide the framework into which the Delivery Program priorities and Operational Plan activities have been incorporated.
Community Strategic Plan
- The Community Strategic Plan provides information on goals for the Community, including the organisation’s Mission and the Purpose.
Delivery Plan and Operational Plan
- The Delivery Plan is a four (4) year plan outlining the strategies Council will use to achieve the goals set out in the Community Strategic Plan. The Operational Plan is a supporting document that spells out the details of the Delivery program – the individual projects and activities that will be undertaken each year to achieve the commitments made in the Delivery program.
- Long Term Financial Plan, projecting Council’s financial position for at least 10 years and includes improvement strategies proposed by Council to improve sustainability, including a propose Special Rate Variation. The Statement of Revenue Policy provides information on Council’s rating structure, fees and charges, including a comparison of proposed modifications to the rate base.
- A phased Workforce Plan, outlining Council’s strategies and actions for developing and maintaining a workforce to underpin the delivery of four year objectives outlined in the Delivery Program.
- Asset Management Plans including: Transport, Sewerage, Water and Buildings.
The draft plans will be on public exhibition for 28 days from 1 June 2017 – comment is welcome and can be sent to email@example.com or to the General Manager, Locked Bag 5 BINGARA NSW 2404 by 4pm Wednesday 28 June 2017. Hard copies of the documents can be viewed at Bingara and Warialda Council offices and libraries, Tamworth Regional Council office and library in Barraba, Croppa Creek store, North Star Post Office, Gravesend Shop, Upper Horton Club. Documents can be downloaded from the links below:
Draft Community Strategic Plan 2017-2027 (pdf 1.4MB)
Draft Delivery Program 2017 -21 (pdf 5MB) Appendix A – Delivery Program – Capital Expenditure (pdf 1MB)
Donations 2017 – 18 (670 KB)
Resourcing Strategy Documents
Draft Workforce Plan 2017-21 (pdf 1MB)
Draft 2018-2027 Long Term Financial Plan (pdf 1MB)