DEVELOPMENT PROPOSAL (BEING LOCAL DEVELOPMENT)
ENVIRONMENTAL PLANNING AND ASSESSMENT ACT 1979
Development Application No 5/2018 and Environmental Impact Statement has been submitted to Gwydir Shire Council as the consent authority for assessment. This Application is being readvertised due to amendments in the Environmental Impact Statement, in particular – Noise Impact Assessment and Haulage Routes.
Applicant: Alan Pearlman
Proposal: Construction and operation of 500,000 tonne per year hard rock quarry. The quarry will involve the following key components: site office, crushing area, stockpiles, drains, sediment ponds & roads.
Land: “Tikitere” 1135 Croppa Creek Road, North Star NSW 2408 – Lot 5 DP 755984, Parish of Booraba.
The subject Development Application and Environmental Impact Statement is on display from 04 July 2018 to the 01 August 2018 at the following locations during their ordinary office hours.
- Gwydir Shire Council Office, 54 Hope Street, Warialda NSW – Monday to Friday 9.00am to 4.00pm
- Gwydir Shire Council Office, 3 Maitland Street, Bingara NSW – Monday to Friday 9.00am to 4.00pm
- NSW Department of Planning, 23-33 Bridge Street, Sydney NSW – Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
Any person may lodge a written submission, during the exhibition period, to the consent authority (Gwydir Shire Council), concerning the Development Application. If the submission is by way of objection, the grounds of the objection must be specified in the submission.
- Application Tikitere
- Letter of Authority Form Signed
- Potential Road Routes-Tikitere
- Statement of Environmental Effects-pages-1 to 118
- Tikitere Environmental Impact Statement Appendix
Written submissions will be received up until 4.00pm Wednesday 01 August 2018 and addressed to:
The General Manager
Gwydir Shire Council
Locked Bag 5
BINGARA NSW 2404
The Development is also Integrated Development and the following approvals will be required to be issued by:
- Environmental Protection Authority – Licensing under the Protection of the Environment Operation Act 1997.
- NSW Office of Water – Licencing under the Water Act 1912.
Any person who makes a submission by way of objection and is dissatisfied with the determination of the consent authority to grant development consent, may appeal to the Land and Environment Court. If a commission Inquiry is held, the Ministers determination of the application is final and not subject to appeal.
Council may publish the name, address and the submissions of the person/s or organisation/s from whom a submission is received, unless clear instruction is given other than this information is not to be published.
For further information please contact Council’s Planning Officer, Patsy Cox on 02 6724 2021.
Warialda Office 54 Hope Street, Warialda NSW 2402
Phone: 02 6729 3000 • Fax: 02 6729 1400